Saturday, January 14, 2012

Land Between the Lakes


The weather has been wonderfully and unseasonably warm.
Until this week. Today's high barely made it above freezing.

I did have a chance to go to Land Between the Lakes
And I take any chance I get when it comes to visiting LBL.
It was too cold to do much, but I did take a few pictures.

On our way to Hematite Lake, we saw the largest herd of Fallow Deer I have ever seen.
There were about 25 deer.
Fallow Deer are not native to this area. They were introduced for hunting.
Now, many of them live happily throughout Land Between the Lakes.




I thought this exposed root was cool looking.




The thrill of the trip was on the way home. As we drove north on the trace toward home,
I spied a Barred Owl sitting in a tree near the road.


 He (or she) was beautiful in the late afternoon sun. He seemed to be dozing.

Thanks for stopping by!
-Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!