Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thankful for summer cold

I had planned on posting on Monday, but instead, I awoke to a sick kid. Stinkerbaby had a cold. Bonus was been sneezing some, too.

As I was feeling sorry for my babies and myself (hey, just being honest), it dawned on me that I literally don't remember the last time the kids were sick. I do remember that Bonus has been sick once, but he's nine months old!

Stinkerbaby was fussier than usual and congested. Bonus was unhappy if set down at all, instead of being happy just playing in the floor. There has been much babywearing.

I really am very blessed. And it took an annoying, summer cold to point that out to me.

Why I am thankful for this summer cold:
Batman can take time off to help, if needed.
Nana's next door for assistance whenever we need it.
Cold's aren't serious, just unpleasant.
None of us have asthma or other health problems that make colds more serious.
The grownups didn't get sick.
And it's summer so there's plenty of sun to recharge our vitamin d stores which were depleted from illness.

I'm still sorry I had to see my sweet girl so uncomfortable, but all in all, we've been shown our blessings by a summer cold.

2 comments:

  1. Bless her heart! Hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Courtney! She's doing much better today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!