Saturday, October 9, 2010

Happy Fall, Y'all!

Well, I'm finally embracing autumn. I do love autumn, really I do. I just really don't like winter. And, clever person that I am, I know winter will invariably follow fall. Around here autumn seems to be about three weeks long. Then, the leaves are all gone and it's cold. But yesterday, the kids, my mom, and I got out a bit to enjoy the weather. Here are some of the resultant photos.


This was taken at one of my favorite cemeteries. I love a good cemetery. They are like well, manicured, historical parks. This one has some old gravestones and beautiful maples and oaks.


This is a tree that lines my driveway.



We went to the park and had a car picnic. It's easier to eat without Bonus wandering off if he's in his car seat. This is part of the sign that announces the walking trail around the park. I can't believe I never noticed the pattern in the wood on the sign. To me, it looks like a Barred Owl with a little Barn Owl beneath it. It is completely natural except the Barred Owl's "beak" is wood filler.


We found the most beautiful White Oak Acorns! They actually looked like they were ripening like an apple! I have seen acorns with a touch or red before, but I'd never seen any like this.

Well, the weather is beautiful again today. I'm off to the Farmer's Market. Hope you all have a great weekend! Enjoy the lovely weather if you're someplace that has some!

-Susan




1 comment:

Thanks for your comment!