Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blogging break

Well, I have taken a bit of an unintentional break from blogging. Out here in the country, we have satellite internet access. Our only other option is dial-up. Satellite promises cable speeds, but in our experience, it does not deliver anything close to cable speed. I'd describe it as good dial-up speed. The other down side is the "fair use policy." This means that when we get above 70% of our allowable limit, we get a nasty email. When we get to 100%, we get throttled down to dial up speeds. In the past, we'd stop using the internet for a few days and our usage would drop low enough that we could avoid being punished. This time, however, we went from under 70% to over 100% instantly and have since been having the pleasure of dial-up speed for more than $60 per month after taxes.

Did I mention that we had to sign a two year contract and buy our equipment?
I hate this company. It's taking a lot of restraint to not mention the lying company's name.

I would caution anyone considering satellite internet service to research other options first.

Enough of my rant. The point was that I haven't been posting because in addition to the connection being tediously slow, I can't go look at other people's blogs right now. In a few days, I hope, I'll be able to re-join the blogging world.

Right now, I think dial-up speeds for dial-up prices sounds pretty good.

-Susan



1 comment:

  1. You may have saved me a ton of money... SO sorry that thisis hard for you...Ya think that we could fix it woth all of our great technology!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!