Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thinking of music


I've been thinking of music a lot lately. Music has always been a huge part of my life, but like many other things, that changed when I had kids. Some of the music I wanted to listen to was, um, not appropriate for children. Sometimes, after all the fussing in the car, I just wanted quiet and didn't want to run the risk of waking my dear child /children. I haven't had a decent audio player for home in many years. And if all that weren't enough, the radio in my car (which already had a broken cd player) stopped working last year. My MP3 player was given to my husband a couple of years ago when his stopped working. I'm not intending to whine, but I miss my music!

I borrowed my mom's car yesterday and got to listen to the radio! It was quite a treat! I do listen to music some on my computer, but many times, Stinkerbaby complains until I turn it off. I know, I'm letting her have her way, but music loses something when there is whining and crying in the background. She can usually get Bonus crying, too. He's so attached to his big sister that he can hardly see her cry without crying, too. Oh, joy!

So, now I'm looking for another MP3 player. I object to iPods due to the proprietary nature of Apple products. But, I have two friends who have ipod Touches who say they are the best thing since sliced bread. One of the main appeals to a Touch is the ability to read one handed in the dark. This would be especially nice since I'm still frequently sitting and nursing for relatively long periods of time. Some of the software available for the iPod sounds good, too. I really like the idea of being able to quickly and easily track my grocery spending.

To further complicate matters, I run Linux Mint, so some players may not work properly. I'm half a mind to forget the reader aspect and get a "straight" MP3 player, like my hubby's Sansa clip which I know will work with Linux.

What kind of player do you have? Do you love it? What about applications for reading books? Or home organization? What other great apps do you have?
What do you think I should get?


All this talk about music has me humming this song. This also a nice tie-in to my bumblebee moth pictures, too. The song is
Bee of the Bird of the Moth by They Might Be Giants. It's a favorite of mine and the kids.

For future reference, I will not ever force you to listen to music by having it load when my page loads. Since I find that irritating, I won't subject you, my guests, to that. Even if you happen to like the same music I do, which is pretty unlikely, I don't know if you're at work or nursing a baby to sleep when you visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!