Friday, November 12, 2010

Macro Friday






I haven't gotten to take as many pictures this week as I would have liked. The weather has been simply wonderful, but there have been too many must-do projects to get outside. Here is my entry for Macro Friday:


I've never seen so many beautiful oak leaves before! Some are still green, some are all red, some are red with green. I think the multi-colored ones are my favorites. The little leaf above was only three and a half inches long. I brought it inside for my daughter. Yes, I really did measure it.

More oak leaves:


Here's a little Tufted Titmouse. I had hoped to get a little color, but the light was all wrong. I take my opportunities to get outside and take photographs, when they present themselves, even if it's not the best time of day for such things.



Visit blogging from bolivia to link up your own Macro Friday post!
Have a great weekend!

-Susan

11 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...fall! What great shots to capture the feeling. Love the first one with the variation of colors. Very pretty.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaves make such beautiful macros - and these photos are just case in point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful, beautiful color this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and Christmas-y looking leaf! The colors really pop in that one! I didn't make it for Macro Friday today... trying to get the house in decent order while the kids are playing outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how I miss autumn....:) no sign of autumn here in Lone Star yet...gorgeous shots!

    Glad to be here. My MACRO FRIDAY is up as well! Have a wonderful weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love your posts! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....the color is so wonderful. I love your silhouetted titmouse, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those colours really do pop. I took photos of waxwings this week - my first ever sighting and despite them being sillhouetted they are still pictures I will treasure. We don't get little titmouses here - they have little tuffs on their head just like a waxwing. Thankyou for your lovely comments on my fungi picture - I've just posted my first attempt at lens art today.

    Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great shots! I agree with others that the first leaf reminds me of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!