Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sweet Tweet Tuesday, um Sweet Shot Tuesday



Sweet Shot Day


Yesterday, we were picking up Mom from her house and I noticed some movement in the back of Mom's car. It was a Tufted Titmouse. The front windows on the car were rolled down, but the back ones were up, and the poor little guy couldn't figure out how to escape. Opening the doors didn't even help. So, I crawled in and found him huddled under the driver's seat. Upon removal, he was unable to fly, but he perked up after only two photographs. As I was moving in for my third shot, he flew up to the maple tree. He was gone from there after just a few moments. Anyone who has ever seen one of these birds knows how quick they are.
So, here is my sweet, tweet shot of a Tufted Titmouse.

As always, you can click on the image for a closer look.

I hope to back with with you tomorrow for Black and White Wednesday. I'm getting back into the blogging swing of things, I hope.

Stop by Life with my 3 Boybarians
to see what other sweet shots are out there this Tuesday.

-Susan




6 comments:

  1. Cute little bird! What focal length is this at? I'm just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute... and never heard of a Tufted Titmouse. And I certainly don't picture a bird when I hear that word, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty little bird! Thanks for the name of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rachelshoots,
    I supposed I'll have to expose my ignorance here. I looked up focal length and I still don't really understand what it is. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet.
    But I will say, I use a Canon Power Shot A1100IS, and I was in Macro mode. The bird was still stunned so I was able to get quite close.
    Thanks for the compliments, everyone! Titmouses (titmice?) have always been one of my favorite backyard feeder birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I wish I could get that close to a bird around my yard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!